my best friend just realized 30 minutes before her curfew that she’s an hour away from home in the most dangerous part of the city alone with the buses no longer running so she calls the police to take her home i cant stop laughing
update the cop that came to pick her up is a hot 20 year old guy thats flirting with her and now im not laughing anymore
SHE FUCKING HOOKED UP WITH THE COP
fuck the police
Lemon is someone out theres favorite.
thats the most uplifting thing ive read all day
- (A young girl that is about 14 years old walks in. She gets some looks from our other patrons, as she has bright purple hair, multiple piercings, a leather jacket, and ripped jeans. It is freezing outside and she has a scowl on her face that makes me nervous.)
- Me: “Hello, welcome to [coffee shop]. How may I help you?”
- Young Girl: “I’ll take five of the largest black coffees you have, and ten of your ham and cheese sandwiches.”
- Me: “Okay, will that be all?”
- Young Girl: “Yeah.”
- Me: “Your total is [price].”
- (To my surprise, she pulls out a $100 bill. I am suspicious, and I check to make sure it’s real. It checks out, and I give her a bag with her sandwiches.)
- Me: “Here is your change. Your coffee will be ready in a moment.”
- (I keep an eye on her as she stands around glaring at anyone who looks at her. I see her looking at the tip jar. When I hand her the coffees, she asks me about it.)
- Young Girl: “Your tip jar says that the money goes to you guys. Are any of you in college?”
- Me: “Yes, I’m going to Rochester Institute of Technology. A few others are in college as well.”
- Young Girl: “Good for you.”
- (She pulls out the change I gave her and a few more $20 dollar bills. She crams then in the jar and salutes me jokingly before walking out. I am stunned, and chase after her. I find her on the street corner talking to some homeless people and handing out the sandwiches and coffee.)
- Me: “Excuse me!”
- Young Girl: “I’m sorry, did I forget something?”
- Me: “No, but you just tipped us over $100 dollars. You’re also giving away a lot of food.”
- Young Girl: “Yeah, my dad is crazy rich. I feel like I can do more if I actually interact with people instead of signing a check to a charity. Every Friday I gather anyone I see who needs a good meal, and buy it for them.” *she smiles brightly* “I may be young, but I can make a difference. I usually hand out flyers for homeless shelters or soup kitchens, too.”
- (Without another word, she walks off silently. I didn’t stop smiling for the rest of the week. It goes to show you that appearances aren’t everything!)
oh god what did i do
IT SUMMONS MAIL EVERYONE TRY IT
HOLY FUCKING COW.
OKAY IT’S TRUE
I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE
I’ve been wondering what message it sends for awhile now, apparently it’s random?
This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.
Needed this today
when you hear people preach that it gets better, they aren’t joking. if it’s not better yet, it will be.
this post could literally be saving lives rn and that is why i love this website.